Sales Tracking Software: Stop Losing Winnable Deals
See every detail in your pipeline with sales tracking software from Gong. Our Revenue Intelligence platform gives you access to every touchpoint, deal, and insight across your entire sales team. It’s time to close more deals in less time with Gong.
6 Reasons Why You Should Use Sales Tracking Software
Wondering what sales tracking software can do for your team? We asked our customers about their top reasons for using Gong. Here’s what they had to say:
Airtight Activity Data
Sales tracking software provides the hard data you need to assess individual and team performance, strengthen your pipeline, and reach your revenue targets. No more opinions, just the facts.
Total Deal Visibility
Gong’s sales tracking tool gives you access to every customer touchpoint (call, email, web conferencing) throughout every deal, providing a clear view into your pipeline.
Next-Level Pipeline Management
Get more deals across the finish line with sales tracking software. Quickly audit deals to see what’s happening throughout your entire pipeline, identify deal risks early, and proactively steer deals back on track to closed-won.
Unlock each rep’s full potential and build your dream team with sales tracking software. Quickly identify coaching opportunities for any rep and any call, and deliver the personalized feedback for reps to maximize their potential.
Reps Can’t Get Enough
Who knew?! Actually, we did. Reps can’t stop raving about Gong’s sales tracking tool because it helps them perform at their best. They can review their game tape, learn from top performers on the team, and see exactly where they need to focus to beat their personal best (and then some). Don’t believe us? Check out all of our reviews on G2 Crowd.
Share the Voice of the Customer
Gong helps you gain a deeper understanding of what matters most to your buyers. Get unfiltered feedback from the market, see what messaging is hitting (or missing) the mark, and help reps tailor their pitch to match what customers want.
Why Use Gong For Your Team’s Sales Tracking Software?
Let’s face it: in the sales world, nothing stands still for long. In fact, if it’s quiet and still, something is probably wrong. Buyer preferences shift and change, even throughout a single deal cycle. Your team and their external market change, too, often without warning.
Gong is here to help you keep up. Our sales tracking software gives you complete visibility into every deal in your pipeline. You’ll know exactly where to focus first in order to keep revenue moving in the right direction.
Gong gives you complete visibility into every deal in your pipeline. You’ll know exactly where to focus first in order to keep revenue moving in the right direction.
Gong also captures your team’s customer-facing conversations across email, phone, and web conferencing. Gong’s AI then analyzes every detail to help you close more business.
Gong gives you the sales tracking tool you need to quickly see the critical insights for every deal in play, without having to waste time searching for the data. Nice to have a little less on your plate, right?
How Sales Tracking Software Works
There’s a reason that top sales teams insist on cutting edge tracking. Actually, a couple of reasons. The right sales tracking software can show you how deals flow through the pipeline, how long your sales cycle is, and your win rate (among many other valuable insights).
Analyze Your Most Complete Customer Data Set Yet
Gong sales tracking software connects to your CRM and all your tools to capture and analyze any and all customer data. That goes for interactions (calls, emails, etc.), the rep activity, and even stakeholder engagement. Imagine turning category-best AI loose on such complete and comprehensive data. Your reps will thank you.
Track Deals Throughout Your Pipeline
More often than not, the writing is already on the wall. Our powerful AI can tell you which deals are likely to close based on a number of indicators, including what your salespeople are doing and who they’ve involved in the deal. Ever wonder how your top performers achieve sky-high win rates? Gong makes these insights plain so that you’re never guessing about which deals should or shouldn’t be included in your forecast.
See Exactly What’s Keeping Winnable Deals From Closing
Gong will help you pinpoint the leading indicators for your sales organization. You might find, for example, that deals without multiple threads are a lot less likely to close. You might also find that deals without mention of budget, or in which your brand champion just left the company, shouldn’t be included in your forecast. Not only will Gong help you find these insights, but it will recommend what’s needed to take a deal from stalled to closed-won.
So… How Does Gong’s Sales Tracking Software Work?
We’re so glad you asked. Gong’s sales tracking software helps sales leaders hit their most ambitious revenue targets in four fundamental steps:
Gong’s AI captures and analyzes every deal touchpoint, including phone, web conferencing, and email.
Gong breaks down stats and trigger events for each deal so that you can quickly see where your attention is most needed.
Gong’s sales tracking software provides data-backed recommendations to help you guide your team and close more deals.
Gong stores the details from every deal, and lets your team tap into key insights to help improve future performance.
Sales Tracking Software, And More?
It’s true. Gong does so much more than just track sales analytics. Gong is also the #1 Revenue Intelligence platform. It uses AI and machine learning to give you total visibility into what’s happening with your sales team, your deals, and your market.
Revenue Intelligence means making better decisions based on customer reality instead of opinions. Here’s what that means for you:
Transform your sales team into a finely-tuned deal making machine.
Keep your finger on the pulse of your pipeline and get more deals closed.
Stop guessing. See exactly what your customers respond to so you can double down on what works best.
Awwww. For Real? Hear From Our Customers
Gong makes tracking sales calls so much easier.
Best investment in a sales tracking and recording software. Period.
I love being able to see how other sales leaders are performing and tracking their progress.
Gong is way ahead of any other call tracking software I have used.
“The Truth Is In The Numbers”
3,000+ Reviews From Sales Professionals Like You
Questions About Gong? We’ve Got the Answers.
What is sales tracking software?
Sales and revenue tracking software enables sales managers to monitor key activity in their deals and track activity data. There are two main types of indicators that can be tracked:
- Pipeline health indicators: As a sales leader, you already know the red flags, risk indicators, and green lights that crop up throughout your pipeline. Gong’s sales tracking software shows you all of these indicators across the entire pipeline, including up-to-date information on all deals like emails, calls, and next steps. That way you and your sales managers can rely on accurate data in their forecast.
- Activity data: These indicators are used to determine sales productivity by looking at emails sent, calls made, meetings booked for each rep and across teams. Sales managers use sales tracking software to improve team productivity and sales effectiveness.
How does sales tracking software work?
Sales tracking software connects to your team’s most-used tools to measure team activity and understand what separates top producers from average performers. Sales tracking software integrates with your team’s calendar, email, webconferencing, and dialer software to measure activity. It then pulls data from the CRM to understand what good looks like so you can coach reps to right behaviors.
Which metrics can sales tracking tools follow?
Sales tracking tools give you complete visibility into your team and your pipeline. Sales managers use it to monitor the following metrics:
- Pipeline metrics: Seller and buyer activity on an account, Next steps, Competitor mentions in deals, Opportunity stage and forecast information
- Activity metrics: calls made, calls connected, emails sent, emails received, meetings booked
How does Gong’s sales tracking software work?
Gong’s sales tracking software isn’t rocket science. But it is science. How else do you get this combination of features, automation, analysis, and insights? Here’s how it works:
- Gong records and tracks customer-facing interactions across web conferencing, phone, and email to bring you unimpeachable activity data.
- Gong’s AI engine ties conversations to outcomes logged in your CRM to capture what sets top performers apart.
- Gong’s deal boards give you an up-to-date view of your pipeline so you can sniff out shaky deals and correct course as needed.
- You get total visibility into your team, your deals, and your market, all of it based on data from real-life conversations.
Which calls does Gong track?
Gong provides customizable options for defining which calls it tracks. Gong will record a call based on your customizations, as well as any changes you make in your auto-dialer software. Of course, Gong won’t record any client call without the client’s express permission.
Compliance is a big deal to us here at Gong. After all, we’ve got lots of customers, each with their own big database of customer interactions. For their sake, and the sake of their customers, take data privacy very seriously. Whether it be data retention or recording consent, we’ve got your back. You can review our security certifications here.
Some countries and U.S. states require that both parties on a call must be notified that the call is being recorded. As a best practice, we recommend including this notification regardless of the call participants’ locations.
Here’s how Gong helps you stay compliant and protect data privacy:
- A personalized consent page hosted by Gong for obtaining recording consent. Team members send invitees the link to this page instead of the conferencing provider’s link. After invitees consent to be recorded, they are directed to the meeting.
- Install the Gong for Google Calendar add-on domain-wide or per individual to easily schedule meetings using the consent page in the native calendar app.
- Audio prompt. Participants hear the prompt when they join the call, telling them that the call is being recorded.
- Pre-call emails. Participants can receive an email 10 minutes ahead of the scheduled call reminding them of the call and that it will be recorded.
- With Gong, you can set your compliance settings to meet your local and company requirements.
Does Gong’s sales tracking software integrate with my tools?
Gong integrates with all the pieces of your sales team’s tech stack. That goes for call recording VOIP, CRM software, web conferencing software, dialers, email, and more. Some of our leading integrations include Salesforce, Hubspot, Zoom, Cisco Webex, and more. Frankly, we’ve got dozens upon dozens of integrations for nearly every software category (a list that continues to grow). You can view our full list of integrations here.
What information about my deals can I access with Gong’s sales tracking tool?
We love this question. Using Gong’s sales pipeline software, you can see all customer touchpoints broken down by call, email, and web conferencing. You can see the scheduled next steps for each deal. You can even see whether an email has been answered (and who on the buyer side answered it). Of course, you’ll always have full visibility into all CRM data associated with a given account. Here’s a full list of the deal information you’ll have access to:
- Calls and emails
- Account status
- The sales engagement map
- Call details
What stats can I get about my team using Gong’s sales tracking software?
Some players are only in it for the stats. At Gong, we show you the stats that lead to more closed business. That includes:
- Talk Ratio: The average percentage of all the call in which your seller spoke. The recommendation is for no more than 65% of the time.
- Longest Monologue: The duration, in minutes, of the longest speech on the seller side. The recommended maximum length is no more than 2m 30s.
- Longest Customer’s Story: The duration, in minutes, of the longest customer-talking segment. This includes short team member interruptions. The recommended length is between 1 and 2 minutes.
- Interactivity: This shows how often the conversation switched back and forth from team member to customer and is measured on a 0–10 scale. The recommended grade is 5 or more.
- Patience: This shows how long the team member waited after the customer finished talking before taking over the conversation. The recommended wait time is between 0.6 and 1 second.
- Question Rate: This shows how frequently the team member asked questions during an hour of conversation. It is recommended to ask 18 or more questions.
How does Gong help me manage my sales pipeline?
Gong allows you to review your sales pipeline more accurately and in more detail by using data and insights extracted directly from your sales calls. First of all, you can review recent calls for topics discussed, competitor mentions, objections, and customer questions. Use these insights to inform the next steps required to move the deal forward. Then you can set up filters to receive notifications on calls that may require attention. From there, you can define granular filters to find calls that match certain criteria spanning call content (keywords, trackers, topics), call dynamics (talk time, longest monologue), Salesforce.com data, and more. Finally, save useful searches and get notified on calls matching those criteria. For example:
- Notify me immediately about high-interest deals, such as deals in stage 4 where the deal size is more than $20,000 and the customer mentions a competitor.
- Include in my daily digest all calls where the prospect talked about a discount.
- Include in my weekly digest all calls where my sales team suggested a multi-year deal.
Does Gong’s sales tracking tool keep my recordings and data secure?
Gong offers the highest level of security to all customers. Gong is compliant with SOC2 Type II, EU Privacy Shield, and GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation). Recordings and all other data (such as transcript data) are stored in Amazon data centers, and are encrypted at rest and in transit.